In the middle of the western Sahara is a town called Dakhla. At 30km from the city and 10km from the sea, you find a wonderfull bleu lagoon with an incredible windstatistic. You can sail the whole year in dakhla !! The water is perfectly flat and you have feet far out. Simply the best spot on earth to learn to kitesurf and windsurf. If there is no wind, you can wavesurf at sea. Excursions to the sea are also possible to windsurf and kite at sea in the waves (not daily). Else there is nothing els to do than read a book, If you are not a surf addict, don't go !
The first place to stay in Dakhla was a tented camp. Now we can offer several eco bungalow camps where everything is nice and clean with a restaurant , bar and lounge.
Very cosy and with good service !
- Compressor and pumps are available to inflate the kites .
- There are no towels provided in the bungalows.
- Bedsheets and pillows are available. In the winter the nights can be cold, a sleepingbag can be usefull.
- Network for mobile phones is accessible. Not perfect but ok.
- There is WIFI internetconnection(slow)
- Electricity and water available in bungalows.
If you want to kitesurf or windsurf on a bleu lagoon in the middle of the Sahara, this is the place!
You find excellent kitecamps and windsurfcamp.